One of the ways to travel and take in the beauty and culture of a city is by taking a guided tour. Very often people avoid such tours because they feel it will be too constraining. Although this may sometimes be true, for the most part, it’s a huge misconception. If you organize your tour properly, you can arrange to have plenty of free time and at the same time get a well rounded tour of the place you’re visiting.
The best way to get a guided tour would be to charter a bus and hire an experienced guide. Not only will you get a good insight into the culture and architecture of the place you’re visiting but you will do it in a luxurious well-maintained bus that will take you exactly where you want to go.
Keep in mind that the larger the tour group is the better deals and accommodations you will receive. Oftentimes, companies offer extra incentives to big groups. For example, you may be able to get a free refreshment service or even a free meal service. This is a great add-on to any tour; especially since you will spend a large part of the day on the road. It is great to be able to relax and unwind in a cozy café free of charge.
When booking a guided tour you should try and obtain the following services:
- Restroom accommodations- always make sure that the bus you are renting has suitable bathrooms, this is especially important for long and overnight trips.
- Professional tour guides that have knowledge of all the local landmarks.
- Food accommodations- before chartering a bus always enquire if the rental company has any complementary or low cost meal offers.
- Hotel accommodations- very often when chartering a bus for a large group, you may be able to obtain free or lower cost hotel rooms.
- Bus entertainment- when chartering a bus, always try to get the latest make and model that comes standard with TV’s, VCR’s, DVD players, and spacious and comfortable reclining seats. Since you will be spending at least a portion of your trip in a bus, you will want to make sure that you are comfortable and have something to do.
- Itinerary planning- typically, any good customer service agent at a bus rental company will offer to plan and finalize your trip itinerary for you.
Chartering a bus for your next trip is a great way to spend time with family and friends. You can sight see all the major landmarks and you can do it in style on a comfortable and luxurious coach bus. It is important to research the rental company as well as all the options they offer in order to get the best possible service for the lowest possible price.